Your website is your basecamp, your happy place, your garden - here is where your ideas sprout, where you showcase what you know and how you communicate, and create a space for your tribe to gather, learn and be inspired.
If you work for yourself or have a small team, you're probably looking for something beautiful, simple and functional - a platform you are comfortable using and updating yourself, a site that can grow as you grow. I can help. I exclusively design in Squarespace.
I want you to be able to create pages and blog posts, change colors and fonts, upload images, and even change themes and templates, so I'll coach you on the basic elements of the platform, and offer support as you get comfortable with doing what you need to do.
If you come with your own content, choose Option 1 and I'll help you shape it for SEO and readability. If you need net-new content, choose Option 2.
I also provide support for:
- MailChimp set-up and integration
- Social media set-up and integration (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, G+, Pinterest)
- Domain and Email (G Suite) set up
There are a few things that are essential for making a great website. Here they are (in no particular order):
In yourself, in your gut, in your abilities. Whether you're starting a new business or rebranding yourself, you're taking a big and necessary risk. I'd also like you to trust in me, as a person who cares deeply about both your success and happiness with the final product.
Compelling, realistic, authentic. I'm not saying you need to have all of your content mapped out and written, but at the very least, your vision, your mission, and your purpose/passion statements should be pretty solid. Words that describe who you are and what you do - and words that do NOT describe those things. A tagline would be nice, but we can always come up with that together.
As in brand - colors, illustrations, fonts - the whole shebang. I'm not a graphic designer, and even though I can create a simple logo and workable color palette, it would really be best for you to let me call in the professionals. If you're serious about the building the complete package with thoughtfulness, you're going to need to jump in with both feet and work with a designer to get your visual ducks in a row.
Excellent, high-resolution, professional. If you have these already in your possession - amazing. If you don't, you'll want to consider checking out Unsplash or Pexels for fantastic free stock photos, purchase of stock photos, or hiring a photographer to take personalized 'unstock' photos for you. For example, if you're a massage therapist, you'll probably need images of hands on bodies, and it would be nice if those hands were yours! Seriously, the photos can make or break a site.
Option 1: Small is Beautiful ($1000)
- Up to 4 pages (more pages can be included if the content is completely ready to go with minimal editing)
- Timeline: 1 to 3 weeks (if you need your site completed in less than 1 week, a $500 rush fee applies to cover all-nighters).
- You provide website content and images, I will help craft the copy as the site comes together, and make suggestions about needed additions/revisions.
- Includes up to 2 hours of 1:1 training on the Squarespace platform, and support via email for 60 days after site completion.
- Monthly support is an optional add-on, ask me about rates.
Kudos for the Busybee
In the last year my business has been growing quickly; and it suddenly became apparent that I really needed a new website, and it needed to be done fast. As the owner of a busy farm, I had no time available to take this project on and I reached out for help. Several friends recommended Sara, and I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the results! She did exactly what I wanted, from start to finish in less than 2 weeks for a very reasonable price. The site is fun yet professional, easy to navigate, and easy to update. I am constantly getting complements on how great it looks. You will not be disappointed!
-Kate Miller, Weathertop Farm NY
Option 2: Sometimes Big is Necessary ($2,000)
- Up to 10 pages
- Includes some content creation/editing, MailChimp and social media integration, crash course engagement strategy, domain linking and email setup (G Suite only)
- Timeline: 4 to 6 weeks (if you need it in under a week, a $500 rush fee will apply to cover all-nighters)
For this option, please come to me with a solid visual identity. If you haven't yet gone through that process, I will direct you to trusted collaborators (we'll find an agency or individual to fit your budget and personality); we will all work together to make sure you emerge with everything you (and I) will need to create an amazing website aligned with your personality and purpose.